Monday, September 22, 2008

Gustav Babies Born in Louisiana and Arkansas

Two babies were born during Hurricane Gustav, which made landfall in Louisiana on Sept. 1, about 50 plus miles west of New Orleans.

Audrey Bickham, daughter of Jennifer and Thomas Bickham of Central, La., came into the world at the height of the storm, according to Keitha Nelson with WAFB News.

Nelson reported that Audrey was born at home after 50-mile per hour winds and heavy rain made it impossible for emergency personnel to reach the family.
Posted Sept. 12, 2008 @ www. wafb.com

The Bickhams and Jennifer's mother helped with the home birth, said Nelson,

"I told him, I was like, ‘I don't want to have my baby at home.' But you gotta do what you gotta do," Jennifer Bickham said.

The family says it had quite a few frightening moments. The baby girl silently arrived with no crying or screaming. It turns out that Audrey was asleep.

"My mom caught her and she rubbed her face and then she cried. Then, I was like, ‘Okay I can exhale now,'" said Bickham.
Posted Sept 2, 2008 @ CountOn2News

Evan Michael Kozman was born Sept. 1 in Little Rock, Ark., after his mother and family had evacuated from Slidell, La.

He is the son of Lauren Kozman, who gave birth to her first child, Matthew, in Dallas, Texas, where she had evacuated for Hurricane Katrina in August 2005.

No comments: